Wednesday 7 October 2009

New phone

My new phone arrived today and I love it. This may seem like a pointless post but I'll share a little bit about why this is such a big thing. I'm not one of those people who needs to have all the latest technology. Sure, I'd like to have it, but I don't worry that I don't. Indeed, I bought my last mobile second hand because, at the time, I just couldn't justify buying myself a new one. It was/is a Nokia something or other and was quite a good wee phone with a decent camera. It was pay as you go.

Fast forward a year (and a baby) later and my good old Nokia is now a broken mess due to the fact that Chloe regularly uses it as a teether(when I'm not looking). It's slowly been breaking for a while but in typical me fashion I ignored it and hoped that the phone fairies would fix it. First the cover came a bit loose (it's the metal covered one), but that was ok cause it didn't really affect the function of the phone. Gradually it got looser and looser until the whole front came apart at the top. This enabled the plastic screen to fall out. Even at that point I was ignoring the broken-ness of it all, lol. Then the cover under the external cover started to crack(the one that protects the internals). I still ignored it. It must have been annoyed at my lack of empathy because it started to switch itself off and on while I was making phone calls. I ignored it some more but then it cut me off in the middle of a very important call and I decided I actually didn't like the phone anymore.

So I went online for a look to see what new phone I would like and I realised I could get a contract for £15 a month which gave me more than enough minutes and unlimited text messages. Plus I could get a free phone. So I ordered one and it arrived this morning. It's a Samsung S5200 and I love it.

I didn't realise how much I hated my last phone and how useless it had become. This new one has an MP3 player and stuff in it. Not that I'll actually use it but it sounds cool to have. It's got a good camera which I like because I take a lot of pictures of Chloe when I'm out and about. I always have my phone with me whereas I might forget my proper camera from time to time so it's good to have.

So I have spent tonight (once Chloe finally fell asleep) playing with my new phone. Oh, how sad am I? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment