Tuesday 18 August 2009

Back to studying

As I'm not working I thought this year would be a good opportunity for me to gain some more qualifications. I don't have any A-Levels due to the fact that I was in and out of hospital for a number of years and so was just physically unable to go to tech. But I'm intelligent and find office work mind numbingly dull. I'm the sort of person who likes to be challenged at work and I would hate to spend the rest of my life doing admin. Plus I want to have my own way of earning money rather than relying on others.



So I'm going to tech to do AS Level/A Level this year in Chemistry and Biology. Usually you would have to spend one year doing an AS Level and then a further year completing the full A Level. However I will be doing the AS Level between September and Christmas, sitting the exam in January. And then I will do the A Level from January, sitting the exam in June. It's only 3 hours on a Monday and Tuesday night. It will be hard going and a lot of work but hopefully by June I will have two A Level qualifications.



That leaves me with the opportunity to do a further 2 A Levels the following year, so I will end up with 4 which is more than enough to get me into university. That's the plan anyway.



My original dream was, (and I guess still is) to do medicine. That is a career I would love, but I know it's unlikely to come true due to the sheer expense and duration. But I know I would like to do something in the field of Science. Perhaps a Biochemist or similar. I really don't know but either way I'm on the right track.



I'm really looking forward to studying again and getting my brain back into gear. I have always found it easy to articulate myself, but recently I find myself searching for words that I know but that seem to have fallen out of my brain! It's incredibly frustrating and I'm convinced it's due to the inactivity of my intellect. I really need to start exercising my intelligence again.



I wouldn't want to work at the minute anyway as Chloe will be a baby for such a short time and I don't want to miss anything. So this is the perfect time for me to further my education. Then, in a couple of years Chloe will be at nursery school and I would be in a position to take up a more full time course, preferably at uni.



So I spent all afternoon sorting that out. Chloe and I went for lunch at my grandparents house, Chloe's great grandparents. She loves it there. She crawled under the kitchen table and climbed over the table and chair legs as if on an obstacle course. She loved exploring how she was able to climb over things. It's wonderful watching her learn what her body is capable of. The photo below is of Chloe playing the piano at my Granny's house. She loves playing it (or in her case bashing it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment