Thursday 6 August 2009

Oops

I haven't posted as much as I'd have liked as thing have been a bit hectic around here. But I now resolve to post daily...ish.
Considering how busy we've been there hasn't actually been too much going on. Neil has got his car back and he's been tryng to get it ready for the drag strip at Bishopscourt race circuit on Saturday. He has a Subaru Impreza P1 that's putting out 680bhp(brake horse power). To put this in perspective, my Impreza STi is 300bhp and is very fast, so his car has over twice the power that mine has. He's been approached by a magazine about featuring the car as it's currently (unofficially)the fastest in Ireland, so we've been trying to get it ready for that as well.

But back to normal life. We bought Chloe a new pram. When I was pregnant we got a Silvercross Linear Freeway pram in Jet Black.



It's a fabulous pram, big and sturdy and very comfortable for a newborn. This was great when she was still wee and slept in the pram whenever we went out, but now that she's older she wants to see round her. Ths pram still works well for that but to me it's a bit cumbersome to be used just as a buggy. It's not particularly heavy or difficult to fold, but it's still bigger than a nippy buggy. But I didn't want a nippy buggy as they all tip over when you want to hang a very heavy nappy bag on the back of them. I have this(see below) bag by Pink Lining. And it was a prerequisite that our new buggy must be able to hold it, as I'd be lost without it.





So the only pram that we liked that was both sturdy yet light, stylish yet practical, and a bit more girly is this:


The Mamas and Papas Luna pushchair in Truffle. And we've made it more girly by adding this gorgeous liner, as modelled by Chloe:


I have to say I'm quite impressed by this pram. It's not expensive(same price as lightweight buggies) yet it looks and feels a lot sturdier. It's also soooo light to push and easy to manoveur with one hand. I'm really pleased with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment